11/26/10

My Friend is Hurting

My friend is sad.  My friend is going through some very hard times.  That makes me sad too.
But my friend is learning to trust in God.  She is learning to have hope even when things are unjust, unfair, and turning her whole world upside down.

I would be tempted to despair but she has a  BIG God who loves her more than she knows and who WILL work all things together for her good.

It's just going to take time and lots and lots of trust.  Trust in God. Trust that it won't always be this hard. It will get better but it will be hard for awhile. Trust that knows she can do all things through Christ who strengthens her.

How do I know?  Because God did all of the above for me.  If I hadn't gone through my own hard times, I would not be able to encourage her.  Someday she will be the one to encourage someone else. I can hardly wait.

"...the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.  Let us not become weary in doing good , for at THE PROPER TIME we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galations 6: 8b & 9

Lots of love, my dear friend, Sam

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner