7/20/11

Dear Diary 7/20/11

Dear Diary,

     I haven't blogged in forEVER!  I've written a million posts in my head but they just didn't make it to the internet.  I may still write some them up.  They'll be out of sequential order- but. so what.

Anyway, here are some tidbits from this week for my friends who don't have Facebook:

My life according to Facebook:
Last weekend was San Diego, Barstow (Well almost, I went half way when my car overheated), and Murrietta. This weekend it was two days in Pasadena. And now I get to stay home for awhile. Yea!!! And do housework. BOOOOO! Maybe I need to go out of town again after all.
The boys are on the American River white water rafting and the girl and I have the house to ourselves. Insert a picture here of two girls giddy with happiness - no offense fellas.
"...well when you and dad were little you didn't have TV and.." "Wait a minute, we're not that old!" "Well, you had black and white but no sound, right?" "We had sound since the day we were born." I feel old.
I have a medical emergency - crave-itus. I need a cinnamon roll. STAT!!!
Well, today is my 25th anniversary and hubs is out of town. That's okay because he is with our boy and we're going to celebrate this weekend. Let's be honest about this marriage stuff - it's hard. 25 years?! It ain't been easy but it's been worth it.
It's home coming day at the Barke house. The neighbor across the street, whose dog I've been watching for a month, gets, home, my girl's best friend gets home from her European adventure, and my boys are home from rafting. I thought my boys would like a nice home cooked meal after camping and that's why I ordered pizza. ;) (That was NICE - they didn't have to eat my cooking.
That pretty much some it up except for the following lessons I've learned in the last couple of days:
1. If you pick your husband and son up after a long drive home from camping and you ask your son if he enjoyed his first experience of white water rafting, he will say, "Meh".  But if you stop for pizza and let him get several pieces in his stomach, he will start telling you what a good time he had.
2.  It is a lot easier to get housework done with fewer bodies and interruptions in the house.
3. I still need a cinnamon roll.
Over and out,  Sam
(Hi, Ellie)   
 
 

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner