12/1/10

The Christmas Care Package Challenge

"Record Snowfall" by Derek1 from WonderPhotos

My sister-in-law LOVES birds. She loves to watch birds outside her window and she especially loves Christmas cardinals.  My SIL is also a pastor's wife and has learned to hate Christmas.  Her husband is the pastor of a small church and a lot of the work falls on my SIL's shoulder.  Christmas is usually SO busy, SO rushed, and SO stressful that she dreads it each year.  I wanted to encourage her so I gave her a Christmas care package.  I won't give you all the details but it had a lot of notes of encouragement and a lot of birds.

I have a very good friend who is going through tough times right now so I am giving her a care package too.  The gift bag is full of little bags with a note and a little gift inside. She is due here any minute and I can hardly wait to watch her open it. Here are a few of the notes I put on the bags:

Tough times don't have to get ya down if you keep a few tricks under your belt:
.1. The most important thing is - Be anxious for NOTHING but cast all of your care on Him because He cares for you.
2. Praise Him.  Look for what He did for you each day.
3. Find pleasure in the small and simple things.
4. Take time to relax and think ONLY pleasant thoughts.
5. Make time to have fun with friends.
6. No matter where you roam (she might have to move), home is where Jesus is taking care of you.

The were a few more notes pertinent to my friend.  I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out what gift I chose to go with each comment. (Hint: They were small, cute, and inexpensive.)

Do you know someone who is having a hard time this Christmas season?  Why not go shopping at thrift stores, dollar stores, sale racks and collect a few gifts that would mean something to that person, pack  'em up in a gift bag, add a few encouraging notes and make 'em smile.  It is SO much fun!

Encourage one another and happy shopping, Sam

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner